April 21, 2009

Low post volume

Hi everyone. Sorry this blog has been getting quieter, I've been busy battling the rogues and other Internet fun. I promise I will try to update this blog more often than once a week.

My recent Targeted Blackhat SEO Attack against Ford Motor Co. - link to Panda blog

Speaking of rogue security software, Microsoft's recently released security intelligence report talks about the dramatic rise in rogue security software they saw on Windows machines during 2nd half of 2008. They saw a 15% rise over the course of 2008 from 20% of all machines to a full 35%! I would estimate that number is even higher today given the unbelievable increase in websites and "brands" of this scumware.

You can see Microsoft's report here. It's a pretty good report, worth a read.

No comments: